Wednesday 20 April 2011

Best Friend

Hi everyone.  I'm afraid I am still struggling, so hence me not posting very regularly at the moment.  Luckily I do still have some cards to show you  that I made last year and just haven't yet posted up, so here is one of those cards!

I originally made this for a demo at The Glitter Pot using some very pretty double sided background paper and the Kira With Kitten stamp by Wild Rose Studio.  (I'm afraid that it has been so long that I can't remember whose paper this is but it did come from The Glitter Pot!)  The best friend wording came from my Funky Flourishes stamp sheet.

I stamped Kira with black Memento ink and coloured her using Copic markers - can't remember the colours!!

Here's a closer look at the colouring for you.

All materials used on this card came from The Glitter Pot and talking of this fabulous shop reminds me to tell you that in just over a months time they will be hosting their Spring Spectacular weekend on May 28th and 29th.  You can find out more about it here.

Then the weekend after that it is The Craft Barn's June Extravaganza which is always a fantastic weekend with loads of demonstrators.  Click here to see the line up and find out all about it!!  With both of these fantastic events looming I'm going to start saving now!!

10 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hello there Kay, Love your card, that's a great stamp and your colouring is brilliant as usual, pretty in pink!
I really hope that you feel better soon, sending healing thoughts and hugs:0) xxx

Sarn said...

Oh very pretty and girlie Kay. Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Sandra

Craftnut said...

sorry you are still not doing well Kay. I am hoping to come to the craft barn again this time :o)

Tracy x

craftymum said...

Hi Kay
super card. Hope you will soon be feeling better
hugs sarah x

Lou said...

Hi!Kay,so sorry you are not feeling any better and i really hope you do soon.
Such a gorgeous card,really love the sweet girly and the colours/papers are so pretty.
take care,big hug.Lou.xx

Whisper said...

Oh simply gorgeous hun and i have finally managed to get hold of the PB stamp 'Scrolling Along', thanks for the inspiration.

I don't normally go to The Glitter Pot open weekend, but if you are demoing, i'll try and pop along, just to meet you.

Luv Sam x

Created by You said...

Beautiful card Kay! I love your copic coloring!

Sally H said...

A Gorgeous card, Kay! I bought a few Wild rose design stamps on my last visit to Sir Stampalot. Hope you are feeling better x

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Lovely card, as ever. The dp is v. pretty.

Just thought I'd drop by and let you know that I'm thinking of you. Bad backs are so debilitating. Like my bad knees. 3 ops so far but I'm hanging on to my own bones!

Nick and I are staying at the Felbridge Spa hotel again for the Craft Barn Exgtravaganza. Travelling on the Friday, so I can have 2 whole days, while Nick goes off on the Bluebell Steam railway.

In the meantime I'll be going 'up North' mid May and visiting 'Happy Stampers North West' for the 1st time. Tracey Dutton, Lavinia Stamps advised me to get there early doors as it gets manic!

Hope you're having a lovely time over the Easter break.

Take care, hugs, Pauline xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline!

Great to hear from you!! I hope you enjoyed the Easter break. The weather was just glorious here.

It sounds as if you are planning to make the most of The Craft Barn's June weekend again! At least by spending two whole days there you can take advantage of seeing all the demos, booking onto any workshops and of course having a look around The Barn too!! Hopefully I'll see you there!!

Enjoy the Happy Stampers show!! The Stamp Man normally go to that one so say hello to Jill for me!!

Kay xx