Friday 3 December 2010

The Stamp Man - Challenge 11

Hi guys. I hope you are all managing to keep warm! First of all I must just say that I am SO pleased that I went Christmas shopping on Wednesday as yesterday we were snowed in and couldn't have gone!  Also it was an absolute dream going around the shops as there was hardly anyone about.  I think it was my best Christmas shopping experience ever!  The shops were deserted, Christmas music was playing and I think it is the first time I've Christmas shopped in the snow - VERY seasonal indeed!  The only drawback is that it was absolutely bitter so I can sort of understand why everyone else had stayed at home!!

Onto my card for The Stamp Man's latest Challenge over on their Challenge Blog which is Take Any 3 Colours on a Christmas theme.  Now by now you probably know that I just LOVE Christmas and have loads of Christmas stamps but I thought it would be nice to use one of my sets again. This time I used my 'A Winter's Night' stamp sheet and as you can see I kept an icy theme on my card by using white, aqua and purple - one of my favourite colour schemes especially for Christmas cards.

I started by sticking a purple panel to an aqua panel then tore a strip of white card to go across the join of the panels and to emulate snow. Next I stamped and embossed the wording (from the sheet) onto a panel of aqua vellum using a white pigment inkpad and White Detail embossing powder, which I attached to the main card using brads. For the main panel I simply stamped the trees in dark grey and watercoloured them using Tombow pens and a water brush and applied lots of glitter glue afterwards!  Quite a simple card really but I hope you like it.

Don't forget to hop on over to The Stamp Man's Challenge Blog and find out how you can enter the Take Any 3 Colours Christmas theme and see the rest of the DT's stunning work!

Oh by the way The Craft Barn are currently running a really fun competition over on their blog called Find The Owl so you may want to head on over there to find out all about it!!  Click here for the Find The Owl details!

6 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Kay, love your beautiful Christmas card, fabulous colours, that background text looks wonderful too:0)
I was supposed to go shopping to Bluewater on Wednesday but we were under a lot of snow and unable to get the car out. So my Christmas shopping is still on the list:{
Glad you had fun, it's still really rather cold and we have a lot of snow, pretty! :0) xx

Dragonlady said...

Beautiful card Kay, I love your style always.

Hugs Ali x

Sarah Anderson said...

Love your swirly trees Kay, and the colour combo is a great choice :)

Sally H said...

This is gorgoeus, Kay! I love that colour combo!

The Stamp Man said...

Lovely to see these stamps again Kay, a beautiful card as usual!!

Well done for getting your Christmas shopping done. It's lovely Christmas shopping when there is snow, well, when there isn't too much!!

I hope you are keeping safe and warm.

Jill x

Brenda Brown said...

Love your wintry theme Kay and a great design.
luv {brenda} xox