Saturday 18 December 2010

Allsorts Free and Easy Challenge

Morning everyone.  Bet you can't believe this can you - two posts in two days!!  Well today is  my last stint as guest designer for Allsorts and I'm sure you are all going to love this challenge as it is called Free and Easy!  As always to find out how to enter and what prizes are up for grabs simply click here to go to the Allsorts Challenge blog.  Whilst you are there you'll see the fabulous artwork that the Allsorts DT have created for you.

Without further ado here is the card that I've created for this one.  I couldn't believe how long it took me to colour this so I definitely wouldn't recommend creating this as a last minute thing!  The backing papers came from The Glitter Pot but I don't have any of them left now and can't recall whose they were!  All the stamps used on the card are by Penny Black (Gift of Giving, Winter Whites and Greens and Snow Scroll) and again came from The Glitter Pot.  I started by sticking the papers together and then stamping Snow Scroll along the top and bottom using Moonlight White Brilliance.

For the main panel, I stamped Gift of Giving with black Memento ink and coloured using Copic markers.  Then I created a background around the girl and sleigh using my Watercolour Resist technique with Copic markers. (See the December issue of Craft Stamper on how to do this.)

The snowflake embellishments are a mixture of Martha Stewart Glacial Snowflake and Woodware's Snowflake with a 5mm self-adhesive pearl coloured  with a red Copic to match the red in the image.

Here's a closer look at the colouring for you.  The white detail on the coat, hat and ribbons was done using a Ranger Inkssentials White Opaque pen - just love this pen as it is great for adding detail such as this over dark colours.

You won't believe this but I actually thought it would be lovely to recreate this card to send out as my Christmas cards this year - however once I realised how long it took me to do this card I soon re-thought that idea!!

7 comments:

Craftnut said...

Hi Kay

This little lady is very pretty - we are getting lots of snow here so i could do with a little sled like hers to get around on!

Tracy x

brenda said...

Hi there Kay

Another great card.

It's been really great having you as our Guest Designer this month, thanks so much for all your work.

Hope you are nearly ready for the big day.

B x

Lou said...

Hi! Such a gorgeous card Kay,love the colours you have used and your background is amazing-clever you :)

Hope too you are having a nice weekend?
Soph was poorly for 3 days and George has been for 2-will be better for the big day.
George was awake Christmas morning at 2.20am last year and so hope it will be a bit later this year :)
take care,hugs Lou.xx

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, even though I'm taken with these particular PB images, I have to say that your colouring is excellent.

Could do with a sled too. More snow today, so am at home doing some online training. Just taking a quick break.

Actually considering online food shopping so that I don't have to drive in the snow & icy conditions. But would it arrive in time!

Hugs, Pauline x

Lou said...

Hello! Kay,just had to stop by again to wish you a very
***** Merry Christmas *****
hope you have a truly lovely time,take care :)
hugs Lou.xxxxxxx

Alyna said...

i Absolutely love everything about your card. the image is cute and you have colored it perfectly :) and the color scheme is nice. really really like it.

Brook said...

Love the coloring on this card. Wonderful!