Monday 20 September 2010

Christmas Flowers

So as some of you didn't seem to mind that I had started showing you Christmas cards I thought I'd take the opportunity and show one that I made back in August for Stamp Addicts's Stamperama Show using the latest release of stamps by Denami Design. 

What I particularly like about the Denami range of stamps are the clean and simple lines - nothing is too fussy and this makes the images so quick to colour in which is ideal when you have a lot of cards to make for the festive time of year.

To create the background for my card I stamped the Merry Christmas circle and snowflake with a silver inkpad onto white Bazzill Bling and stamped the Floral Arch onto black Bazzill Bling using a white inkpad.  Really quick and simple but quite effective I think.

For the main image I stamped and embossed using silver ink and silver twinkle embossing powder then coloured with the double ended Zig Brushable pens - again really easy. Then I used a circle Nestabilities die to cut it out. 

I might even duplicate this card and do some for Christmas being that it was so quick to do!!

Hope you like it!!

All products used came from Stamp Addicts.

Denami stamps used were-
Elegant Floral Arch
Merry Christmas Circle
Elegant Floral Circle 
Snowflake from Snowflakes stamp set

15 comments:

Mags said...

That is so pretty!

Mags

chris said...

Hi Kay, this is so beautiful, I love the Christmas Flowers, its very special.
hope you are ok love chris xx

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kay, Another sooper card, love the Christmas circles, will have to buy them. Lovely card I like easy. See you soon. Hugs JO.xxx

G Peplow said...

Hello there Kay, love your card, such pretty colours and the flowers are wonderful :0) xx

craftymum said...

LOvely card Kay
Have you stamped straight onto textured card?
LOve sarah X

The Little Stamper said...

Hi Kay,

Another beauty from you. I love that it has all your trademark techniques and yet it looks so different from your other cards!

Sharon x

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful, Kay! A gorgeous stamp and so adaptable!

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

Love it. Very elegant. I am determined that this year I will start making my Christmas cards before December appears!

Enjoyed the break in East Sussex. If only it had been longer. Didn't get to the Glitter Pot in the end. But did see quite a few National Trust properties including some romantic ruins of castles. Back to work today.

Hugs, Pauline x

brenda said...

Hi Kay

I go on sick leave and look what I missed, all sorts of gorgeous creation and a new look blog.

This one is just beautiful.

B x

brenda said...

Hi again Kay

Just tried to mail you but the addy I have thows up errors, will try again later.

B x

lisa said...

Hi Kay

This is a very classy Christmas card, those flowers are beautiful. It's not too obviously Christmassy. I love it.
Hugs Lisax

Julie said...

Fab card Kay, beautiful colour combo. Bring them on, show us as many Christmas cards as you like. xxx

Lynne Phelps said...

This is lovely - I especially like the way the floral arch curves around the circle of poinsettias! Very pretty!

Kay Carley said...

Which ruins did you see Pauline - I bet I know them all as you were on my stomping ground! xx

Unknown said...

So smart to start stamping Christmas cards in August! Very pretty card, you did a great job incorporating so many beautiful stamps onto one card.