Wednesday 28 July 2010

Summer Rain

Good morning everyone.  I thought I'd stay with the Denami range of stamps and show you the card that I made back in May for my class at Stamp Addicts.  As you can see this one is a bit more involved than the one I showed yesterday!

I just LOVE the Mimi range of stamps as she is just so chic and stylish looking.  They don't take long to colour either!

For the background of the card I stamped and embossed the Decorative Flourish using Versamark and Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder and then stamped a couple of the Large Dot Swirls using a soft brown inkpad.

For the Mimi panel, I stamped Mimi using Graphite Black Brilliance and then stamped the flower heads (from the Whimsical Flowers set) either side of her using the same inkpad and drew in the stems and leaves using a fine black pen.

I then coloured her in using Polycolor Pencils and a Splender pencil and added some shimmer using the Clear Sakura Stardust pen which you can't see from the angle of this photo!! Once I'd finished my colouring I used a brown Polycolor Pencil to go around the edge of the panel and then pulled this colour into the panel using Zest It blending solution and a paper stump. Lastly I added that Large Dot Swirl using the soft brown inkpad and then using Versamark and Iridescent Sparkle embossing powder.

All of these products came from Stamp Addicts.

Denami stamps used:
Mimi In The Rain
Whimsical Flowers stamp set
Decorative Flourish
Large Dot Swirl

6 comments:

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kay, I just adore mimi as well but must admit I do not have this one. I am also going to get the mimi with the sleigh that is so cool for christmas.

As usual colour is wonderful and as you say very detailed, lots of hard work went into this one. lol Jo xxx

G Peplow said...

Hello there Kay, euw, sorry about the peeling shoulders and they achieved under an umbrella in the shade, wow, you really have got sun sensitive skin:(
Love this card, colours are gorgeous:) xxx

chris said...

Afternoon Kay, well I am here, but not for long, but promise i will have something posted by the weekend! My guests have gone home yesterday,My Bro, his wife and 3 little ones, (I found it such hard work)and only 3 more rooms to go, but we are having a break from the decorating.

Anyway I love your last 2 cards gorgeous as always, and I love mimi, may have to invest, oh dear, not again.
back soon love chris xxx

Julie said...

Gosh what a lot of work but was it worth it, yes the card is stunning. I love the Mimi images too. xxx

Sarn said...

Lovely!

Carole said...

beautiful card :)