Sunday 11 July 2010

Glitter and Pearls

Morning guys.  Well I must say that I am most impressed with The Glitter Pot's new premises as it is absolutely HUGE!!  The Glitter Pot team must have been working overtime as I couldn't believe how straight it was looking and how much stock they had got out and organised already - what an achievement!!  They still have lots to do to get it just how they want it with sorting out some of the other rooms and putting in a lift etc... but at least they are back up and running again.  Their new classroom is sooooo much bigger than their last one and has a lovely feel to it.

My thanks to everyone who stopped by my table yesterday and kept me company!  It is always lovely to see some friendly faces!

Well onto todays card and I thought I'd have a go at entering another challenge!  This time I'm entering the Belles and Whistles Glitter and Pearls challenge and have used a B&W stamp called Wishes. (As I think we all know by now I just LOVE these stamps and The Craft Barn now have all the latest ones in too and I'm definitely wanting them all!!)  The wording and background flourishes on the card were taken from my Fancy Flourishes stamp sheet.

You'll notice that I am getting some use out of my Martha Stewart punches too as I have used the Floral Lace Edging Punch and the Monarch Butterfly on this card.  The Sweet Pear paper is from the Double Dots range by Bo Bunny - just love these papers as they go with anything and are great to stamp over too!

I punched the Monarch Butterflies out from Tutu Double Dots Bo Bunny paper and added a little touch of colour to them using my Copic markers. Self-adhesive pearls were used for their bodies. I hand drew the wiggly frame around the main panel using the fine end of a Sepia Marvy Marker and then traced over it with Platinum glitter glue.

The wishing well image was stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured in using my Copic markers. You can't see it very well from this photo but I also added a delicate sky area around the Wishing Well too using Copic markers in B63 and B60. To add some glimmer I coloured selected areas using Copic Spica pens and then added touches of Diamond glitter glue.

The whole card was then sprayed with Iridescent Gold glimmer mist so lots of different layers of glimmer and sparkle happened on this card!  Everything used on this card came from The Craft Barn except for the Retro Flower punch and the Sepia pen.

Anyway hope you like it!

9 comments:

Sarn said...

Another very pretty and girly card Kay! Just lovely.

Bluefairy4U said...

Hi Kay, lovely card as usual like the way you have longer grass at the bottom- must remember that !
Thanks for your lovely comment. Is it cooler where you are. Did you manage to make many cards yesterday at the Glitter Pot.
Lots of love to all
Jo.xxx

craftymum said...

Hi Kay
i have just found your blog through Kim's. I have seen so many of your creations in Craft Stamper, which happens to be my favourite mag!.Do you get to demo at any of the shows? I am at Doncaster this weekend as I demo and make samples for Hotshotcrafts. Now I have found your blog I will become a follower and regularly visit.
Sarah X

Sally H said...

Ooooh Kay, I love it! Such a lovely stamp and so perfectly coloured! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday. I wish I lived nearer, but I'm sure it would be disastrous for my bank balance, lol!

Merry said...

Such a wonderful card...the image is too cute and coloured beautifully.

Kathy said...

This is such a pretty card!! Love the color combo and the that image is so pretty!! Love all your glitter as well!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at BnW!
:)Kathy

Elise said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Wow! Beautiful work! Thank you so much for joining us in our BnW challenge!

Hugs,
Elise

Julie said...

I can't wait to visit the Glitter Pot's new premises, looks great in the photos. As usual your card is stunning, will copy a few ideas from this one. xxx

lisa said...

It sounds like you had a great time, Kay. Just wish I lived nearer so I could come along.
Your card, as always, is just beautiful.
Hugs Lisax