Wednesday 16 June 2010

Just Dropping By.......

Morning everyone.  Have spent the last couple of days trying to catch up with stuff and am getting there now.  I still have all my cards to load up from last weekend so until I've done that I thought I'd continue showing you the cards I did for The Glitter Pot's Spring Spectacular weekend.

This card was made from the Penny Black Make A Wish clear stamp set - the one that I ended up having to have myself!  I truly LOVE this set!  The mice were stamped using Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloured using Copic markers.  The background paper is by Basic Grey and is from the Kioshi collection which is just gorgeous!  The swirls and wording came from my Funky Flourishes stamp sheet.  All of which can be purchased from The Glitter Pot.

Here's a closer look at the mice panel for you. The mice on the blackberry stalk is one stamp and then the mice floating down - one with a daisy head; the other with a dandelion head are separate stamps from the stamp sheet, which being clear allowed me to stamp them exactly where I wanted them. The soft background around the mice was also done using Copic markers and I do have a class coming up at The Glitter Pot showing you how to do this on Saturday 10th July.  In the morning we will be using this particular stamp sheet and I will show you how to colour these cute little mice and add a soft dotty  background to them (like this one) using the Copic markers and in the afternoon we will be using Copics again along with the Milton and Milly characters from Wild Rose Studio. Click here for more details.

Getting back to this card I also used the Clear Copic Spica pen on the dandelion heads but I don't think I got the light right for you to see the wonderful shimmer!

10 comments:

G Peplow said...

Good morning Kay, this is a beautiful card and stamp set, I love how you've coloured the image and the placing of the floating mice is brilliant. I'm addicted to the Kioshi papers, just gorgeous:)
Still haven't got my clear spica pen yet, I can feel a visit to the Craft Barn coming on LOL xx

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, just having a late lunch, so thought I'd pop by. What a real lovely card. The way you've built up the image is inspiring. And as 'mustavcoffee' has said the Kioshi BG papers are gorgeous.

Hugs, Pauline x

Sandy said...

What a cute card. Love the little flowers added to the sides. Finishes the card off with a little zing:)

chris said...

Hi there Kay
wow wee this is fabulous, I love it. that stamp is so gorgeous,you have really bought it to life.
hugs chris xx

Craftnut said...

Pretty Card Kay. Will let you know about the DVD - Jenny is very clever with the stamps (i can dream!!). Tracy x

lisa said...

Gorgeous, Kay. I love how you've used all the stamps that go together to create your own little scene. The colouring as always is perfection.
Hugs Lisax

Sharon G said...

I love this card, Kay.

I'm currently trying to resist the urge to click on that link and buy yet another set of gorgeous Penny Black stamps!!

Sharon G

Lou said...

Hi! Kay,what a perfect little scene and how sweet they all look.Really is so pretty and yummy colours.
hope you are feeling a bit more rested after such a busy weekend,hugs Lou.xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi guys. Thanks so much for all your lovely comments!

Mustavcoffee - I'm sure you'll like the Clear Spica when you finally succumb to it!!

Louise - finally catching up with stuff now and am not quite so exhausted! Thanks for asking!

Sharon - these mice are off of the same sheet as the teddies which I think you said you had ordered!

Kay xx

Julie said...

Beautiful card Kay, I am now so tempted to buy the stamps, already got the Kioshi papers. Love how you've combined the stamps to make a picture. xxx