Thursday 15 April 2010

Spring Blossom

When I was out and about the other day I couldn't help but admire all the lovely spring blossom that is out on the trees now and so I thought this would be the ideal time to share this card with you as it reminds me so much of the pink blossom. 

I'm sure you will recognise the image as being Mimi In The Rain from the new Denami Design stamps which I combined with some Basic Grey papers from the Sugared Paper pad - LOVE these papers and most definitely need more of them!

I stamped the bottom background panel with the Denami Small Solid Umbrella to help tie it in with the main image and then stamped the Decorative Flourish into the top left and bottom right corners of the card using a deep plum inkpad. The bigger pink flowers were done using my Retro Flower punch (from The Hobby House) and the smaller flowers were stamped using the Solid Flower from the Whimsical Flowers stamp set.

Regarding the Mimi panel - I stamped her using Starlite Black Brilliance, heat set the ink and then coloured her using my Polycolor Pencils along with a Splender Pencil. To make her eyes look as if she is wearing mascara I simply traced over the lashes using a 0.1mm Zig Millenium pen. For sparkle I traced over some of the imagery using a Silver Sakura Stardust pen and then added some Diamond glitter glue.

All of these products can be bought from Stamp Addicts.

For those of you who may be interested I will be taking a class at Stamp Addicts on Friday 21st May from 3-5pm where I will be using some of these stamps by Denami that I have been showing you over the last few weeks.  Click here for more details on how to book. 

Then on Saturday 22nd May I will be demoing using these stamps at Stamp Addicts as part of their May Demo Day so if any of you have any questions as to how I achieve my colouring with these stamps etc...  I'll be able to show you first hand!!

8 comments:

Craftnut said...

Hi Kay

I am booked in :o)

See you then

Tracy x

Sally H said...

So beautiful! I love the blossom and the umbrellas

Vixykins said...

Kay this is absolutely delightfully gorrrrrrgeous! :D

Kay Carley said...

Thanks so much guys. I'm so glad you liked this one.

Tracy - I'll look forward to seeing you!

Kay xx

Pauline said...

Kay, this is such a pretty card. I love it!

Hugs, Pauline x

lisa said...

The blossom is looking beautiful isn't it and we have the sunshine to show it off to it's best too. I love your lady with her mascara, talk about detail!!
Enjoy your weekend.

Lisax

Sharon G said...

Hi Kay,

I've managed to get booked in on your class at Stamp Addicts too.

Look forward to seeing you (and Tracy!) at the end of May.

Sharon x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Sharon - I'll look forward to seeing you!

Kay xx