Saturday 6 March 2010

Under The Weather!!

Morning everyone.  What with all the rain we had last week I should really have posted this card up then as it would have been most appropriate!!  Thankfully the weather over the last few days has been a lot kinder here but I thought I'd still post this up for you to see anyway!

This is another of the cards I made for last Sunday using the new Spring/Summer range of stamps by Denami Design.

The papers I used were from the Basic Grey Sugared Paper Pad and I don't know how well you can make it out from this photo but I actually stamped and embossed the Small Solid Umbrella onto the backing paper using Versamark and an Iridescent Sparkle embosssing powder.  The Large Open Umbrella and the Small Umbrellas I stamped with Starlite Black Brilliance ink and coloured using Polycolor pencils and a Splender pencil.  Using the Splender pencil over the Polycolor pencils helps to blend your colours and 'polishes' the pencils to get rid of the pencil lines - I definitely wouldn't be without this!  The handle of the umbrellas I coloured with a clear Sakura Stardust pen so that it looked metallic and sparkly and then did my trick of tracing over the outline of the designs using the silver Sakura Stardust pen in order to add some shimmer.  Then of course no colouring of mine would be complete without adding a little glitter glue - in this instance I opted for Diamond.  The Under The Weather wording was stamped using the Graphite Black Brilliance which is a much stronger black than the Starlite Black.

Here's a close up of the main panel so that you can see the colouring a little better!  You'll notice that I tinged the edge of the panel as well to take away the starkness of the white background.  I did this by colouring a little of the lighter pink that I had used for the umbrella around the edge of the panel then I used a blending stump and some Zest It blending solution to smudge and blend the colour towards the centre of the panel.

All of the stamps used are by Denami Design and these can be bought along with all the products used from Stamp Addicts.

4 comments:

Merry said...

Beautiful, such wonderful papers.

Sally H said...

That's beautiful, Kay! I really ought to invest in some decent pencil crayons and learn how to blend them properly.

Kay Carley said...

Thanks ladies. By the way Sally I do show you how I colour just using the pencils on their own and also with blending solution on my Colouring Techniques DVD if you can get your hands on a copy!

ribenaruby said...

Gorgeous creation, perfect for someone unwell, great job!