Saturday 20 March 2010

Spring Time

Morning everyone.  Well with all the fine weather we have been having recently I thought I would share a card with you that I made a little while ago using spring like colours of purple and lime which puts me in mind of crocuses!  Talking of which, when I was out and about the other day I saw a garden full of both purple and yellow crocuses and it looked absolutely beautiful - such a cheery sight!

Anyway enough about flowers and onto the card!  This is a card that I made last year for my Colouring Techniques DVD using both Copics and Copic Spicas to colour my main image with.  Unfortunately the scanned in picture didn't pick up the sparkle of the Spicas so you'll just have to trust me that she does sparkle!  By the way did you know that the Spicas now come in even more colours?  Obviously when I found this out I just had to have them all!  The Craft Barn are currently selling all the new colours individually - click here to go and check them out!

My main image for the card is one of the Ketto stamps by Stamping Bella called Charlotte.  I just love these Ketto stamps and am currently working on some more cards with some of the other Ketto designs so when they are finished I'll post them up.  They may not be the biggest stamps in the world but what they lack in size they sure make up for in funkiness. (If there is such a word!) You can get all your Stamping Bella stamps online from The Craft Barn and they have a great selection to choose from. Click here to go and check them out.

The wording is a Stamps By Judith stamp which I got from Stamp Addicts and the paper was so long ago that I can't be absolutely sure whose it is!  I think that it was a Daisy Bucket one but I could be wrong!

6 comments:

Bluefairy4U said...

Kay, lovely, lovely, I like you cannot get enough of these stamping bella babies !!
Your colouring detail is so spot on just love the card and cannot wait to see more love watching your dvds.
Lots of love Jo.xxx

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Kay! Love those colours!

chris said...

Hi there Kay
this is very special love that image may have to treat myself.
fabulous colouring.
hugs chris xx

Lou said...

Hi!so love this,very pretty image and nice colours.hugs Lou.xx

mckinkle said...

Super card Kay, Ilove the zingy colour palette and the image is great!

Keryn x

Kay Carley said...

Hi ladies - thanks so much for your kind comments! I'm really glad you liked this one.

Jo - glad you are liking the DVD's!

Kay xx