Tuesday 16 March 2010

Spring Challenge

Morning everyone.  I thought that I would have a go today at my very first blog challenge!  Normally I don't get the time to do this sort of thing but for once I wasn't snowed under so thought this would be fun to do!  So this is my entry for the StampAvie Challenge 19 - Spring.  I thought that it would be most appropriate for me to use this Sarah Kay stamp as it is called Spring Is Back!  The 'spring' wording I took from an old Penny Black stamp which reads 'spring is here' and just cut off the words that I didn't want.  For the background panels I chose to use some flourish stamps and as you can see I used another of my Martha Stewart punches called Floral Vine!  The wide open lilac ribbon came from Quixotic Paperie and the dotty ribbon was given to me by a friend of mine.  The Prima flowers came from The Craft Barn and the lilac flourishes were done using my new punch from The Hobby House.

Here's a closer look at the Sarah Kay panel which I stamped using Graphite Black Brilliance and coloured using Copics.  Although you can't see it very well  in these photos I added Stardust Stickles here and there to make it sparkle.

I hope you like it!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Lovely card. Such a sweet image. I have that image too. But shame on me, it's never seen any ink! Love the colour combo.

Received a couple more orders for cards, so I'm slowly, very slowly starting to recoup some of the outlay on my craft stash.

Mind you I craft for the love of it, not to make money. That's a welcome bonus.

Hugs, Pauline x

Sally H said...

That is so beautiful! I have yet to buy any Sarah Kay stamps but have to confess this has drawn my eye on several occasions! Your colour combination and background is gorgeous

Dragonlady said...

Hi Kay

Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used.Good luck with your challenge.

Hugs Ali x

Merry said...

Such a beautiful card...just love the colours and the embellishments you have used.

Kay Carley said...

Thanks so much ladies - I'm really glad you liked the card. I love Sarah Kay stamps as they are just sooooo sweet!

Good luck with the orders Pauline.

Kay xx