Friday 12 March 2010

Some Spring Cheer!!

By now regular followers of this blog will know that I live in the south east corner of the UK which is supposedly one of the warmest parts of the whole of the United Kingdom.  I say 'supposedly' because whilst I was watching our local news and weather I was informed that today we were colder than Scotland (the northern part of the UK), and to be honest I can quite believe it as it was freezing out there and has been for the last few days.  We have been well below the average temperature for this time of year as we have only been hitting about 5c - apparently normal temperatures should be around 10 or 11c.

So I thought I would cheer myself up a bit and post up a pretty flowery card to remind myself that it won't be long before all the spring flowers start to make an appearance - with a bit of luck!!

The flower stamp I've used is one of my favourite Brushstroke stamps by Penny Black called 'Blush'.  I simply coloured the stamp with brush markers and then stamped it three times onto my panel without any reinking so as to get some variations in depth of colour.  Along the bottom of the panel I stamped Judikins's Mince Flourish by colouring the stamp using a green brush marker and stamping along the base of the panel - again without reinking the stamp between each stamped impression. The wording (taken from the Penny Black clear Salutations stamp set) was stamped using a Brilliance Graphite Black inkpad and the Denami Large Dot Swirls that you see on the background panels were stamped using the Brilliance Starlite Black inkpad which is much softer than the Graphite Black. 

I hope you like it and reminds you all that (hopefully) it won't be too long before we get some warmer weather!

Background panel - Arabella by Basic Grey from The Stamp Man
Penny Black stamps from Sir Stampalot
Judikins and Denami stamps from Stamp Addicts
Prima flowers, self-adhesive pearls and nailheads from The Craft Barn

4 comments:

Lynne K said...

Wonderful card, Kay, I love it! So pretty and fresh and spring-like. Up here in the Midlands it's still very cold too, and although we've had a few bright days this week, today is grey and damp, so your lovely card stood out against the gloom. Gorgeous! x

Pauline said...

Hi Kay, I thought I'd recognized the 'mince flourish' before seeing it's name. Even though you haven't re-inked the images all pop. Lovely card.

We've had sunshine and showers here. I got so warm driving into Bristol I actually opened the window!

Hugs, Pauline x

Sally H said...

Beautiful spring-like card, Kay! I love it. We have had some very threatening clouds here, and the wind chill made playground duty a bit nippy on this morning! Wish I could've joined you crafting instead!

Merry said...

Beautiful card...lovely colours.