Tuesday 9 February 2010

Lilac Windflowers

Morning guys.  I was going to post up the other Craft Barn Funky Flowers card that we did but on reflection I thought that I would give them a rest and pop this card on here instead.  This was a result of one of my 'play' sessions that I had just after Christmas when I had a little bit of time!

The main image is by Penny Black and is called Windflower - hence the title!!  The wording is also by Penny Black and is from their clear Salutations stamp set - both of these items I got from the lovely people at Sir Stampalot who do a vast range of stamps!

The flowers are a bold stamp so I used my water-based markers directly onto the rubber stamp, then lightly spritzed the stamp with water to blend the inks and stamped out onto card. (You can see me do this technique on my Basics and Beyond DVD.)  To soften the white background I took my Judikins Mince Flourish stamp (Judikins), coloured the rubber with a water-based marker and stamped down the left side of the panel. Using this same marker I then lightly sponged the background. 

The dotty stamp that I have used as a border is by Denami. This stamp, the Judikins stamp and the ribbon came from Stamp Addicts.

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

lisa said...

Another beauty, Kay. I love the misty flower, it's a beautiful technique. The colours are my favourites too!!

Lisax