Wednesday 10 February 2010

Blue Funky Flowers

Here is the last of the cards that we did the other week at The Craft Barn using that Funky Flowers stamp sheet again.  This card was a little bit more involved than the one I showed you the other day as there was a little bit of masking involved.  We started off by stamping the larger (pink) flower head onto the white panel, then stamped it again onto a post it note. The post it note flower was cut out and placed over the original stamped flower so that we could then stamp the different flower head to the right and slightly behind that first flower head.  You can see that we also needed to make a mask for that third flower so that we could stamp the leaf behind it. (To see all the different components on this sheet check out my sidebar.)

As I said before these stamps were all designed to interact with one another so the amount of different compositions you can create is endless and it is entirely up to you how intricate and involved you want to make them.

Once I've gone to the trouble of making masks for any of my flower heads or leaves I then store them on a piece of acetate and slip it into the folder that I keep my stamps in so that they are always together and ready for next time.

The background for this card was created using my Fancy Flourish stamp sheet.  Both of these stamp sheets can be purchased from The Craft Barn.

The colouring was done using a combination of Copic Ciaos and Sakura Stardust pens which again The Craft Barn stock.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,

This is a real pretty card. Where would we be without Post-It Notes!

I've got IT problems (which may be terminal and require purchase of a new pc) at home and am only able to browse the internet when I access to a pc at work.

Looking on the positive side, I'll save some money as I won't be able to shop on line.

Hugs, Pauline x

chris said...

Very funky indeed. I love it as I do all your work its great.
hugs chris xx

Kay Carley said...

Pauline - so sorry to hear about the computer. As you know I had to fork out for a new pc near the end of last year which was rather painful!! Fingers crossed that it won't come to that!

Chris - thanks so much for such nice feedback!

Love Kay xx