Sunday 17 January 2010

Watercolour Flowers

Morning everyone.  First of all my thanks to those of you who have commented on my last two posts especially to those who commented about my colouring!!  I really feel do love those Copics!!

For todays post though I thought I would go back to a technique that I used to do years ago (which you will also find on my DVD - Basics and Beyond).

I have always loved Penny Black stamps and in particular their Brushstroke range as you can make such stunning cards with these with very little effort.  Also because there are no stamped outlines you can pretend that you actually painted it yourself!!  To get this sort of effect you need to use water-based pens such as Marvys or Tombows.  You then take several complementing colours and colour directly onto the back of the stamp, spritz with water and stamp out onto your cardstock - simple but very effective!!  (Look out for a project coming soon in Craft Stamper using these stamps where I show you step-by-step how to do it!)

And here is a close up of the flowers.  The particles that you can see are specks of glitter glue as I always lightly add a touch of glitter glue over these stamped impressions to give them life!

Stamps used:
Main flowers and wording - Penny Black from Sir Stampalot
Flourish - Judikins from Stamp Addicts
Dotty swirl - Denami from Stamp Addicts




6 comments:

Isabelle Norris said...

beautiful Kay! love the watercolour effect
hugs,
isaxx

Merry said...

This is a wonderful image and once again you have coloured it beautifully. Great card.

lisa said...

They really do look like they've been hand painted Kay. It's a lovely effect.

Lisax

Pauline said...

Lovely card Kay. Another spring-like one. Love the shade of pinky-red or is it reddish-pink. I love the Tombows I have, but need to increase the range of pinks. I'll be on the look out for the CS article.

Hugs, Pauline x

Littleminx said...

Kay

Another fabulous card as usual! The colours are beautiful and really complement the papers. Another stunner!

Hugs

Sara

Kay Carley said...

Thanks so much ladies - it means a lot that you have taken the time and trouble to say such nice things!!

Kay xx