Wednesday 16 December 2009

In Anticipation!!


Morning folks!!  Just to prove that I do occasionally use my own Christmas stamps here is one of the cards that I sent out this year using stamps from my snowflake stamp sheet along with some of my favourite stamps.

Unfortunately it isn't often that I just get to make cards for the joy of it and usually I have to stick rigidly to certain stamps or materials but when making my own Christmas cards I can just go with the flow!!  The main (coloured snowflakes) that you see and the white background snowflakes are from my own snowflake stamp sheet. They grey snowflake swirl and the wording are both by Stampendous - not too sure if they are still available as they are a couple of years old!! And of course the large dotty swirls are by Denami - which you will already have seen a lot of on this blog.  I thought I'd be sensible and design a card that didn't need too much colouring in but unfortunately I just had to cut the snowflakes out as it looked so much better and then it looked even better if I layered a smaller snowflake over the larger one so in the end it didn't end up being a quick card after all!  (Nothing new there then!!)

Even though we live in the south east of England they are actually forecasting snow here for the end of the week - although I'll believe it when I see it!!  I'm still keeping everything crossed for snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as I have never known it to snow on either of those days and it would absolutely make my Christmas - I think I need to move to Scotland!!

No comments: