Sunday 4 October 2009

I'm Back!!!

Hi guys.  Thanks so much for the comments that you have left over this last week.  I know that some of you were getting a bit worried as they weren't appearing!  The fault for this lays with me as I had disappeared last week for a bit of relaxation on the Isle of Wight.  The idea behind the week's holiday was to have a complete rest from work so I didn't take my laptop with me so was unable to check to see if any comments were being left under the scheduled posts that I wrote before I disappeared!!  Anyway I am back now so all your comments have been loaded up.  It was really nice to come back to such nice comments too - many thanks for that guys.  (By the way Sharon I haven't had chance to think about the Stamp Addicts workshop yet but will let you know once I know myself!)

I must confess that it was quite nice to have a break from work!!  This was my first holiday for several years so I think it was long overdue.  I wasn't able to get as much done as I would have liked before we left for the Isle of Wight so I did take some colouring with me - didn't actually do any of it though!  We were really lucky all week as the weather was fantastic so we went out and about every day so hence no time for colouring!  However I had to take it with me just incase we had a rainy day as it would have grieved me to have had to stay in and do nothing!  I did take a couple of books with me to read though and have now begun the third book in the Twilight series - Eclipse.  So far I am really enjoying it.  I did also have to succumb to buying Breaking Dawn (the last book in the Twilight series) in hardback as I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until next year for it to come out in paperback.  The only trouble is I am enjoying this series SO much I don't want it to end so am in two minds whether to wait a little while and tease myself before reading BD!!

As some of you are aware I absolutely LOVE squirrels and so we purposely chose to go to the Isle of Wight because this island still has our native red squirrels.  I had never been lucky enough to see one of these dear little creatures in real life so it absolutely made my week whenever I clapped eyes on one, although there weren't many in evidence.  We were infact really lucky as the campsite that we were staying on had some red squirrel residents and several times they visited our balcony around our caravan so I was able to see them up close.  I did take some photos of them but haven't had chance to load them onto the computer yet so I don't know if they are any good.  I know that the grey squirrels get really bad press but I still LOVE these too - but the reds are definitely extra special!!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Ah ha! The mystery of the missing comments is solved! Glad you had an enjoyable holiday - a well deserved one too from what you've said.

I eventually got around to making some cards last week. Actually using my craft stash instead of buying more!

I've ordered a complete set of Bazzill swatch books to make it easier to match with dp. I'll also be able to tell what colour I have used.

Hugs, Pauline x

Jo Austin said...

oh Kay.

Glad you had a lovely time. You really need to go over to the Isle of Arran if you like squirrels. they only have red squirrels there .. no grey ones at all. The wildlife there is fantastic!

love Jo x

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline - can I ask where you ordered your Bazzill swatches from and how much they cost? I have been debating for some time now about getting some.

Hi Jo - the Isle of Arran sounds lovely! They only have red squirrels on the Isle of Wight too - greys are strictly forbidden! At the moment my computer will not talk to my camera but when it does I'll upload some photos if any are any good!

Kay xx