Saturday 15 August 2009

Sledding Chickies

Here's another sweet little card - this one measures 10x10cm. For the background of this card I stamped the black panel with the Large Dot Swirl using White StazOn and for the blue panel I stamped the little snowflakes using Versamark and then overstamped the Large Dot Swirl using a black inkpad.

Now for the centre piece I must confess that I did try several times to do this by eye but it just didn't work so in the end I had to get my stamp positioner out! I started off by stamping the Merry Christmas circle with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, then with the aid of the stamp positioner I stamped the smaller dot circle using Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid. This was then punched out using a 2 1/2" punch. Because I then wanted some depth to the card I stamped the chicks onto a separate piece of card using the Starlite Black Brilliance (a shimmery dark grey inkpad), coloured them using the Polycolor pencils and Sakura Stardust pens, cut them out and mounted them with foam pads.

Although you can't tell from this picture, metallic silver curling ribbon and gemstones helped to lift the card along with some prisma glitter on the chicks' hats.

Stamps used:
Denami Design
J125 Merry Christmas Circle
D104 Sledding Chickies
D98 Sparkles (Snowflake)
E114 Small Dot Circle Frame
M65 Large Dot Swirls

All of these stamps and products can be obtained from Stamp Addicts.

2 comments:

D Hawk said...

I love your stamp designs! Where do you sell your stamps?

Kay Carley said...

Hi D Hawk.

If you are referring to my actual stamp designs then you can purchase these at either The Stamp Man or The Craft Barn. You can find the links to both of these websites under My Favourite Crafty shopping Sites. Hope this helps!

Kay x