Friday 7 August 2009

Penny Black Stickers

Well I just about managed not to melt in yesterday's heat!! According to our local news yesterday was the hottest day we have had for 3 years!! Thankfully it did rain last night which has cooled it down (a bit!) and at the moment it is slightly overcast here so I'm hoping that today will be a lot cooler! It certainly is at the moment.

Anyway onto the card.......this is one that we made in the afternoon class at The Glitter Pot and is really quick to do. As well as having a great range of flower stamps Penny Black also do some fabulous themed sticker sheets. This particular flower sticker is from a sheet called Garden Poems - all the colouring and the stamping has been done for you so all I had to do was stick it onto a brown panel and trim around to give it a brown border.

You'll notice that I did a little bit of stamping using the Penny Black Scrolling Along and Best Wishes stamps. For this I used Timber Brown StazOn as I felt that black would be too harsh.

The background papers are by My Minds Eye - I picked these two colours as they matched really closely to the colours already printed on the sticker. What I particularly like about the Penny Black stickers is that they do not look like 'normal' stickers - they really look as if you have stamped them yourself so are a really great cheat for when you need a card in a hurry!

All the materials used on this card are available from The Glitter Pot.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Kay,
I'm just browsing at lunchtime while at work - blue skies and sunshine today.

It's a good job I read the whole post instead of just launching in to leave a comment on your card. Otherwise I would have asked - did you stamp with bubble wrap etc

I've never used PB stickers - but the one you used really does the job. On the whole I like the card and the layout. The colours in the sticker lift it. Otherwise there would be too much green.

I don't suppose you can say whether you have an article in Oct 09 Craft Stamper...the 'take a peek' page in Sep 09 issue has a card that has 'Kay Carley' 'stamped' all over it - excuse the pun!

Hugs, Paulinex

Kay Carley said...

Hi Pauline,

I wasn't in the September issue of CS so didn't get sent a free issue - therefore I don't know the card you are referring to! I can say that I am in the October issue so perhaps you are right!!

Kay x

Christine said...

Lovely card Kay, I would never have guessed you used a sticker, it looks as though it has been stamped. Off to check Glitter Pot as I didn't know PB did this sort of sticker. Love Minds Eye papers too.
Hugs
Christine xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Christine,

I hope you found the stickers ok. They do some really nice Christmas ones too!!

Kay