Monday 10 August 2009

More Penny Black Stickers

Good morning. I had meant to post yesterday but I didn't get home until 8.30pm last night and after having got up at 5.30am that morning I just collapsed in a heap on the settee and didn't move!! (Oh the glamorous life of a demonstrator!!)

My thanks to everyone who stopped by my table at Stevenage yesterday - chatting with you all is really nice and getting positive feedback ;)

Before I start loading up some more of those Denami Christmas cards that I was demoing yesterday, here is the other quick card we made using the Penny Black Garden Poems stickers. This time I stuck the flower sticker onto a piece of white card and trimmed around to give it a white border before mounting it onto some layered My Minds Eye papers. (The Penny Black Scrolling Along and Best Wishes stamps were stamped in Brilliance Graphite Black rather than the Timber Brown StazOn that I used for the other card, due to the embellishment of the black ribbon.) This was a really nice class to do as the ladies then had fun making up their own quick variations using the rest of the stickers on the sheets.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Sounds like you've been having a busy time of it Kay. I love your flowers on this one, they are really on fire!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, your comments are very much appreciated.

Lisax

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay
Just trying to catch up with your blogs as yet again I have not been too well.
Had hoped to make it to Stevenage yesterday to see you but I really wasn't up to it.
Not surprised you collasped in a heap on your settee when you got home after your 15 hour day.
Really like the card & also liking the "Penny Black" stckers, not something I have come across so will have to look out for them.
Hope you've had a good rest today.
a.k.a. Rita xx

Kay Carley said...

Hi Lisa - when I can I do like to see what other people are up to on their blogs but for a long while I wasn't able to find the time!! You're very welcome to the comments I left!! Your samples were beautiful.

Hi Rita - I had noticed that you had disappeared again! So sorry to hear that you have not been too good - let's hope that you will now begin to feel better!

Kay xx