Thursday 23 July 2009

Hollyhocks

Morning everyone. I thought I'd give the Craft Barn cards a little rest and show you the remainder of the Newbury cards for the next few days. As you can see I didn't use many stamps on this one at all. The hollyhocks were stamped 3 times with Graphite Black Brilliance and coloured using Polycolor pencils and Zest It blending solution. Dots were then lightly stamped around the hollyhocks (Stamps By Judith) using a light blue pen - just to take away the starkness of the surrounding area and the frame was hand drawn with a fine line black pen. The dotty swirls (Denami were stamped using Versamark onto Bazzill cardstock and the Mince Flourish (Judikins) and wording (Stamps By Judith) were stamped over the top of the swirls using that same Brilliance inkpad. The zigzag stitching was hand drawn as a finishing touch using the fine line black pen (Millenium 0.1).

A different colour scheme again for me and I must admit that I don't really like this one but at least I am experimenting!!

All stamps and materials for this card are available from Stamp Addicts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kay
"Sorry" to have worried you. Won't go into detail but afraid I have even more health problems & have been out of action.
Anyway, your comments are very much appreciated.
Like the card but can't help feeling that the white is a bit stark & that perhaps ivory or cream might have been better but then what do I know!!.
Best regards. a.k.a. Rita x