Thursday 26 March 2009

Some Dates For Your Diary

Well for the last couple of days I have been preparing my card samples for my classes at The Craft Barn next Saturday (4th April). The morning class consists of Sarah Kay stamps using Copic pens and for the afternoon class I am using cute elephant stamps by Little Claire along with Inktense pencils. The card samples are beginning to come together quite nicely now and I am absolutely loving the Copic pens - the ink goes on so smoothly - they really are incredible to work with and are fast becoming my favourite type of marker. If any of you live locally to The Craft Barn and fancy doing one of these classes it would be lovely to see you - currently as I write this I know that there are a few spaces left. For the rest of April I am having a rest from classes and demos as I will be re-charging my batteries for May.



On May 2nd I will be demonstrating at The Glitter Pot's Spring Spectacular weekend and on May 16th I'll be back at the Glitter Pot for a day of classes. Both the classes and the demo will be based on the different techniques you can use with shrink plastic. The classes (Sat May 16th) will be split to incorporate the two main different techniques that can be used with shrink plastic. In the morning we will be stamping onto pre-sanded shrink plastic, colouring in the image and shrinking to create perfect little minatures and in the afternoon we will be shrinking the shrink plastic and then stamping into it while it is still warm, which creates lovely textured glass like embellishments, so if you fancy either of these classes and live close enough it would be great to see you. As for the demo (Sat May 2nd) I will be busy showing all the different effects that can be achieved using this great medium so if anyone has any difficulties or questions, do come along and I'll do my best to help!

Then on the 29th and 30th May (as you already know) I will be zooming up the motorway to Kempston to do a class on the Friday and a demo on the Saturday at Stamp Addicts. Sarah (from Stamp Addicts) and I have still to decide what I will be doing for the class so you still have time to let me know if there is anything in particular that you would like me to cover.

No comments: