Saturday 14 March 2009

A 'Blue' Card

Morning Everyone! In honour of my 'blue' day yesterday I thought I would post up a 'blue' coloured card!! This was actually made a couple of years ago now (if not more!) when I was demoing at The Craft Barn at one of their June Weekend events. The stamps (which were brand new then) are all by Penny Black. Unfortunately The Craft Barn doesn't stock a lot of Penny Black now but both Sir Stampalot and The Glitter Pot have a really good range of Penny Black stamps.

To create the background the Baby's Breathe stamp was inked with a blue marker and repeatedly stamped onto blue vellum. The In A Pot teddy was simply stamped with black StazOn and water coloured with Zig Brushables.

You can't tell from this picture but this is actually a 3D card as it was made with a WS Designs 'K Card' template (so called because I had a hand in designing them!). I am really rubbish at explaining how this works and I don't have a photo of it standing up to show you but the teddy part of the card is actually stamped on the inner part of the card and it comes through the square (vellum) aperture. I'll have to see if I have another one of these K Cards around somewhere so that I can take a photo of it standing up to show you what I mean!

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

I love your K cards ,the image and background papers are fabulous xxx
huge thanks for your lovely comments about my cards xxx but its you who got me started and so inspired when i used to come and see you at the NEC ( i'm the one who kept picking up the sampes lolxxxx)
hugs Dawnxxxx