Friday 27 February 2009

Spring Flowers


With spring (hopefully) just around the corner I thought I would post this card up that I made a little while ago for a workshop that I took at Stamp Addicts in 2007. I can't believe that it was that long ago!!


I believe that I am right (although don't count on it!) that the flower stamp is actually called Spring Flowers. This stamp, the bee and the wording are all by Denami and the flourish stamp that you can just make out on the strip of vellum and the blue background is by Judikins. The little bee is just so sweet and is just the right size to add to a card with flowers on it as added interest. The imagery is coloured with Zig Brushables which are a double-ended pen in that you have a lighter colour on one end and a corresponding darker colour on the other which comes in really handy for adding shading. I use these pens a great deal because of this.


I tend to use vellum on a lot of my cards as I love the translucency of it, so you will no doubt see this cropping up now and again (!) in future posts along with acetate. I do love to use layers for my cards and because both vellum and acetate are see-through it allows me to add another layer without hiding what is behind it. All the products used on this card are of course available from Stamp Addicts.
Tomorrow I will post up the other card that we did using the same Spring Flower stamp but this time with no vellum!

No comments: